Tips For Booking Your Dream Band
Booking your wedding vendors can be a daunting and stressful task, but it doesn’t have to be! We’ve broken down the process and put together some helpful tips to consider when it comes to booking your band for a wedding, birthday party, or company event.
1. Do your research, read through websites, and look into social media to see what’s on offer. To help you narrow down your search, keep a few questions in mind: Are you able to customise your band package to make sure you stay on budget? Are there any must-have add ons worth splurging for? Are there any current discounts that will make your decision easier? Is the band able to accommodate your event vision?
2. Check reviews. Reviews offer great insight into how the band is received by clients and guests alike. If a band doesn’t have reviews, they may not have much event experience either. Are clients raving about the energy and talent of the musicians? Was the dance floor packed? How easy was the planning process? Were guests talking non-stop about the band? You can find answers to all these questions when reading reviews! Check out our reviews on our website, Bride Online, or Easy Weddings (we’ve received an Easy Weddings 5 Star Reward, among others!).
3. Go see the band perform live! Most bands offer the option to listen to sample songs and watch promo videos, but nothing beats seeing a band live. The energy at a Live Showcase is something that just can’t be captured through a screen! Plus, you can try on your dress, tour your venue, and taste-test the food, so why not preview your band? At our Showcases, you can experience our rehearsal, meet your producer, chat with the musicians, and preview a variety of musical styles and band sizes to help you find the perfect fit for your event. Make it a date night or invite friends for a fun evening out!
4. Decide on the size band you need depending on your guest count and what fits into your budget. We know that every event is unique, so our band is totally customisable and we offer something for every vision and budget. Select your base investment from a 3 to 14-piece band and choose from a variety of Add-Ons, including MC Service, Flexible Dates, and even Lighting options, to create the perfect package! We also offer Small Event Specials, including Ceremony Performance Only, Cocktail Performance Only, DJ Services, and DJ+Musician Hybrids (Guitar, Keys, Sax, you name it!). With our bespoke packages, you’ll get all your must haves without paying for the things you don’t need.
5. Book early. Don’t miss out on your date by waiting too long to book! Most couples finalise their bookings a year out; so the sooner you finalise your decision, the better. If you wait until the last minute, your dream band may not be available on your date. That said, if your date is coming up soon, please don’t hesitate to ask about availability–you may luck out!
So, you’ve done your research, read reviews, listened to song samples, attended a live showcase, and booked your band! Congrats–don’t you love checking things off of your planning list?! Once you’ve booked, our Online Planning Page makes it super easy to communicate with your producer, keep track of your event schedule, and add special song requests.
Fill out an enquiry on our website–we would love to answer any questions you have! Happy Booking!
Some helpful links!